Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Break


So, last week Everest and I had spring break, and it was fantastic.  5 whole days of father and son, man to man chilling.... doing lots of cool man stuff.  We had planned on a camping trip out at Jordan Lake with Uncle Evan but the weather had other ideas.  The weather was great, but every day it rained at somepoint... its never good to be caught camping in the rain with a 3yr old.  We planted a garden full of vegetables (and watermelon) over at Grandma and Papi's house.  It includes Green Beans, Carrots, Cucumber, Peppers, Tomatoes, and Watermelons.  Everest picked out all the things to plant in it, and he planted all the seeds... He's a natural gardener.  I went to go get one of those inflatable kayak things so Ev and I could go boating, but it turns out they're really expensive.  We opted instead for a kid carrying backpack, Where Everest can sit in the back.  We tested it out at Umstead park for a 5mi. hike and it was great... definitely ready to do an overnight backpacking trip soon.  One day we spent at Bond Park doing all the cool things they have there... We played baseball, Everest is really getting good at hitting pitched balls!  We hiked around a little bit and we played on the playground.  Overall, spring break with Everest was Awesome!  Its the weekend now and i'll only spend about 2 days with him and it seems really short.   I feel like I really got some good time with Ev.  He's awesome!

No comments: